Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Idiosyncratic

29 March 2010

Idiosyncratic
(adj) :
Peculiar to a specific individual; eccentric



30 Points

Annoying Sandman ~ Idiosyncratic Elf! ~ Sand in EYES? REALLY??! #haiku #Goodnight

I sort of have a Goodnight/Sandman haiku series going ...which naturally evolved from tweeting 'til I'm ready to drop, which leads to odd thoughts about mythic characters from childhood, combined with a last flash of inspiration from my muse, crossed with fatigue & hashtagged with that regularly trending-twitter-topic, "Goodnight." If you've followed my twitter page, this is old news.



25 Points

Idiosyncratic conflation of cynosures & @marcosarroyos: #WeaponizedCelebs?! LOL (via @languageNhumor)

When I saw that hashtag (& multiple tweets w/various celeb-combos) posted on Kevin's page, I couldn't help but think of Marcos' macabre serial killer tweets ...&, of course, our previous star-related word, as well (which, BTW, I happened across again in the new yesterday [NYT or AP]).



25 Points

Totally conflated ...AND idiosyncratic: #actorfoods! LOL (via @andibob)

...then Andi posted this one (with multiple tweets of the conflations). Can we say ... ... ... [oh, crud, I was thinking of one of our WOTD's that had to do with eating, but I can't remember it, now!!] *sigh* lol



25 Points

Man, I think I'll start a band called My Idiosyncratic Come-On's. (MT @MaxRaunchiness)

This was a 'modified tweet' inspired by this tweet by Max (a serial series of his, BTW) - I couldn't resist pointing out his eccentric pick-up lines ...as opposed to the obvious which he stated, here:

RT @MaxRaunchiness Man, I think I'll start a band called My Idiosyncratic Romance.



26 Points

King Aaron precociously asked the idiosyncratic fool 4 a joke, but he only gesticulated repeatedly, being the court gesture. MT @MaryJenkins

This was a 'modified tweet' inspired by this tweet by Mary (in which she was also referencing Aaron's having been 'King' of Artwiculate, yesternight)':

RT @MaryJenkins King @AaronLivingston precociously asked the fool for a joke. The idiosyncratic fool only shrugged repeatedly. He was the court gesture.

[I'd kinda thought I'd like to fit a mime reference in there (&/or doppelganger), but the tweet-police stopped me before I sped past 140. But, at any rate, I couldn't resist MT-ing it, in order to squeeze in that previous WOTD.]



23 Points

Nate was a great date …until women found out about his idiosyncratic need to hoard bat-scat. Then they'd guano break up.

I kinda liked this one. Obviously more than other people did (by the looks of the points, anyway). Probably too much. I mean, it was a pretty crappy tweet. [*groan* - Don't laugh, now; you don't guano make me use more heinous puns!!]



53 Points

"Batman, don't you find our superhero-outfits exceedingly idiosyncratic?" / "I think that's kind of the point, Robin."

Ha! Glad others seemed to enjoy THIS one, anyway! ;-D



28 Points

The early Wordy Birdie has idiosyncratic worm-choices: She only catches worms which happen to form letters of the alphabet.

Kinda reminds me of alphabet-soup or Alpha-Bits cereal! ;)



42 Points

Silia's a idiosyncratic feather~A friend for any type of weather~As beautiful as she is clever~Good at her ev'ry endeavor. (cc @SJHatzi)

I chose a few other Artwiculate players as topics (except for the obviously-eccentric Max, I think they were ones whose names were right in front of me when I opened my replies, or something).



39 Points

Our Savannah is a star~A mixtress mistress at the bar~Simultaneously serving poems~An idiosyncratic collector of gnomes. (@StarOfSavannah)

✎ Star had just mixed up a new signature libation for the Salon Artwois bar - which had been posted along with a special poem she'd mixed up to go with it (peachy!).

Star responded:

RT @StarOfSavannah @tWordBird I love it, Birdie! Such a wonderful poem!

I replied:

tWordBird: @StarOfSavannah YW, Star - glad you liked your poem. ~Birdie Bard :)>

Star replied:

RT @StarOfSavannah @tWordBird You are a bard, Birdie. So honored you thought of me while you were composing.

To which I replied:

.@StarOfSavannah Yes, I obviously gave great thought to that & your particular idiosyncrasies (psychic, wasn't I, about the gnomes?). ;0)


36 Points

Max's idiosyncratic redhead-ho~Is imaginary - nothing mo'~ Yet she's what he is living for. #SalonArtwois (cc @MaxRaunchiness)

As I said, Max was just the obvious - the epitome of the WOTD; & his infamous redhead was just begging to be messed with, as well. ;)



28 Points

Osmar's changing, idiosyncratic hair ~ Makes up for overuse of Nair ~ And keeps his mirror's reply, "Fair." (cc @osmarjardim)


That's right - OSMAR! His capricious ever-changing twit-pic hairdo actually was the first thing to pop into my head at the mention of the WOTD. lol



See the final top-5o for this word at: http://artwiculate.com/words/idiosyncratic

No comments:

Post a Comment