Sunday, March 28, 2010

Precocious


Precocious
(adj) : characterized by exceptionally early development or maturity; exhibiting advanced skills at an abnormally early age
28 March 2010



16 Points

Precocious children~Both a blessing & a curse~Given to parents~Whether they're formerly-one~Or just hebetudinous.#tanka #haiku

This didn't really turn out well as a tanka. I'd meant it to mean that the parents may be formerly-precocious &/or hebetudinous, themselves ...& that, as such (either way), it is both trying & delightful to have a precocious child, especially (though that's really true of any child [being both]). It just didn't come out very readable/enjoyable in this forced-syllabic format (which I realized more-fully later, when I'd reread it).



44 Points

Precocious as a child ~ Amusing yet polite ~ She's now a-touch-of-wild ~ My muse is a delight! #poem

She IS indeed delightful ...when she actually shows up. I rather feel as if she's been on some sort of extended holiday, lately, though!! ;)



41 Points

I felt precocious, before I started playing with 'persiflage'. Now I'm just egregiously-disheveled w/an add'l odious misnomer.

This one's an ode to my wicked li'l shenanigans w/the previous WOTD ...& to the fact that I already use a 'nom de plume' & likely had various tweeps adding other choice names for me, after that! ;)



50 Points

The Artwiculati were indubitably all precocious children! ☺ #Artwiculate

Ah - SO true, aye? Well, at least it struck enough of a cord amongst our Artwiculati to garner a top-20 spot for the day. ;)



I'd also like to make mention of three tweet-entries for this WOTD from other Artwiculati on the topic of precocious birds:



RT @TiddK The precocious bird catches the bird, then runs off to show Mum

I really enjoyed the simple truth of this one - it's just a succinct essence of childlike precociousness with the lovely bird-twist to it!



RT @JonPowles The precocious bird built a worm farm.

Ha! Love how this one goes that step-beyond (as precocious children also do), & packs everything into a mere 7 words (since I'm challenged at succinctness, myself). It should have made the top-50 (wish I'd seen it, but I was offline most of this day)!



RT @AaronLivingston The precocious bird gets the worm and classifies it by phylum. #artwiculate #salonartwois

As I commented, later, to Aaron - I loved the Wordy Birdie sort of topic of this tweet. A delight in it's clever twist on the now well-established 'early bird' theme, amongst the Artwiculati, this tweet just makes you smile all-round ...which is why Aaron got a very well-deserved win with it, for the day. (Congrats, again, Aaron!)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm - not sure why the text keeps adjusting itself for my one comment, there (posting poltergeist?); I tried to adjust it. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete