Monday, April 19, 2010

TROGLODYTE


Troglodyte:
°A member of a supposed prehistoric race that lived in caves or holes, a caveman.
°(by extension) Anything that lives underground.
18 April 2010



30 Points
At the bar, Wizen drank prune juice, Tergiversate wanted a waffle, & the brusque Troglodyte downed a bottle of Brut cologne. (MT @Ysabeluna)



30 Points
They got into a kerfuffle ~ In the middle of the night ~ 'Cause she told him a truffle ~ Was also a troglodyte.
#poem



30 Points
Say, may I be frank? ~ Regarding my troglodyte: ~ He's awesome, at night!
#haiku #haikuthrowdown (frank) #artwiculate



35 Points
I keep the locket ~ With my troglodyte's photo ~ Encaved in-pocket.
#haiku #haikuchallenge (pocket) #artwiculate



33 Points
Signs you might be dating a troglodyte: 1.) The petrichor of Eau de Damp-Cave smell precedes him.



31 Points
The troglodyte needs not tergiversate over which side of the fence he should spew his golden accolades, 2day. There is no fence in his cave.



45 Points
Modern troglodytes ~ Holed up in their office-caves ~ Before glowing screens. 
#haiku #artwiculate troglodyte



41 Points
The troglodyte, inured to the penumbra of his fire's shadows upon the cave's walls, is satisfied with the status quo. Me? No.



31 Points
Most ppl say, "Ugh! Troglodyte?~O, Hun, don't U want more?!" ~ I've no need 2 make 'em see the light ~ I don't find him a boor.



33 Points
Pulchritude & the Troglodyte : Beauty & the Beast



29 Points
Names of ex-husbands: Lummox, Philistine, Troll, Nemesis, Troglodyte & Oaf. ;)



31 Points
The winner of the reality-show 'Mole' contest was the troglodyte who tergiversated the best. His surprise prize? A hedgehog.



39 Points
The early bird always gets the troglodyte (since worms all live underground)!



32 Points
Contrary to popular belief, troglodyte^s are NOT extinct: modern men are still partial to their 'man caves' (i.e. garages/basements/dens)!



38 Points
Ah, yes, the Troglodyte : First-cousins to the Trolls, both related to the Lummox's & Philistines, if I recall correctly. ;)




4 comments:

  1. My favorite troglodyte tweet by far was "...he's awesome, at night!" I don't know I like that one so much. Maybe I like surprise endings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paul! :))

    I remember that I tweeted about taking artistic license with that one (which kinda came out the wrong way, since I only meant that in a not-calling-anyone-a-troglodyte regards lol).

    But that one made me smile, too. I guess it was a little sassy (w/o being overtly raunchy)? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. Politely suggestive without the gory details. Lets the imagination have a go at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Gory" details? Dear ME - perhaps we shouldn't let YOUR imagination have a go at it!! ROTFL

    :)>

    ReplyDelete